Monday, March 28, 2011

Art in Abu Dhabi

For a while now we have been going to different art classes at Emirates Palace, Sadyiat Island, and a recent one near my house. At each location, we have learned about a couple of different artistic mediums and ways of making art.
The classes at the Palace we did Arabic words in art, clay modeling, and collage. In Arabic Words in Art we painted, used stencils, and put Arabic words that had meaning in with the paint. In the clay modeling class we learned how to make clay mini-sculptures. I learned that they put metal in the clay so it holds its form. I made a clay, um, well it was supposed to be a fox, but, well….. it was this instead. --->
When we did collage, it wasn't as good as the others.
We just made a village out of painted paper pieces.
It was ok at some parts, not great at others, but mostly it was fun.
This is my Arabic Words in Art painting.  The word I used means "ambitious."


On Sadyiat Island we did an acrylic paint picture and found objects. We also did this cool class where we learned that by using acrylics we can copy images on to paper from other places. We can color them according to which color acrylic we use so we made images mixed together to make cool art. In the found objects class we used paper and oil pastels on different paper. I got to use a hot wheels mustang that had been torn up to look like a major accident and I copied the image onto my paper. These set of classes were really epic ,but not as much fun as the comic class because, not all my friends were there.



Most recent was a comic art class, which was near my house. We met a comic illustrator from the UK.  He was extremely hyper, like he had a coffee with several shots of espresso and a chocolate cake. Anyway, he showed us how to make comics. He had us each draw a page of comics, and he pooled all of them together to make one comic that was named DEATH AND DESTRUCTION.  It had a drawing of Mario blowing up a building. On the back it had caricatures of everyone in the class that he drew. This class was my favorite.


These classes were great fun for me and my homeschool friends. I learned there are various ways of creating art. I want to go to another one soon. These were all enjoyable and I hope there are more.

No comments:

Post a Comment